Widows 7 and Windows Vista contains some extra properties and features in comparison to Windows XP; like We can format USB flash drive into NTFS format in Windows Vista. There is a trick for Windows XP that allows to format USB flash drive into NTFS format in Windows XP also.
1. Plug USB flash drive (wait for detection process completion)
2. Run Device Manager, under the devices tree Expand Disk Drives and right click on your flash drive and go to Properties.
3. Navigate to Policies tab and select for Optimize for Performance and apply.
4. Run Command Prompt and execute the following command:
Format <drive-letter> /FS:NTFS
5. Or You can format the flash drive via right click on drive and click on format…you’ll be amazed..woo you will get NTFS option to perform formatting.
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Windows XP Home Edition